Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Namesake

About 5 years ago, our family had a sudden crushing realization that warped the very fabric of the reality within which we lived. Our child had a wheat and dairy sensitivity. When you become a celiac household, you truly have some heartbreaking moments. Like the moment I realized that I myself was feeling better ,for the first time in 8 years, after giving up wheat and dairy. Or the mind numbing metaphorical concussion you feel when you are informed in a most unwelcome way that "GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN HAS WHEAT!" Lots and lots of it. Soy sauce...Check. Crispy chicken... Check and Mate.

So, after about four and a half years I have found the right combination to make a GF/DF Generals Chicken and many other foods you actually want to eat. Gluten and dairy free used to make me think there was no end to the salad bar with bland dressing and no Ceasar salads because why? Oh yes. The cheese, dressing, and croutons. So this blog will be my medium for sharing the recipes I have tweaked to the GF/DF lifestyle and still kept them tasting like the food my family love and want to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment